Thursday, February 4, 2010

Winning Over the Healthnostic


Andrew and I love to cook together. It's pretty much our favorite sort of date. Yesterday I got a vision... turkey burgers. I knew it'd be a hard sell, because Andrew is automatically opposed to anything he perceives as healthy, but as soon as I said avocado, I knew I'd have him. I had eaten turkey burgers that were prepackaged before, but last night we picked up a pack of ground turkey and went for it ourselves. The result: magical.


Not a great shot, but you get the gist. We kept it simple. Ground turkey, sauteed, diced onions, cumin, a whole lot of garlic salt, and pepper. We stuffed them with monterey jack cheese and grilled (this is where I thank George Foreman, not only for naming all of his children George, which I think is awesome, but for inventing the grill that feeds me). Topped with Avocado, butter leaf lettuce, & romas, it was good stuff. So good, it makes a believer out of the most healthnostic soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment